Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself fit and ready to go as he chases trophies at Real Madrid, after suffering with injuries during this summer’s FIFA World Cup.
”I’ll try my best all the season like I do it every year. I’ll try to be the best, try to help my team, try to score goals and try to win titles,” the 29-year-old striker told a sponsor’s event in Tokyo, adding he would like to play ”six, seven more years” at the top level of club competition.
The organising committee of the 8th Dubai International Sports Conference has announced that the conference to be addressed by Real Madrid’s star Cristiano Ronaldo, who is nominated to get the best world player’s title in 2013.
Ronaldo is named as main speaker in the opening session of the 8th edition of the Conference, to be arranged under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Sports Council.
The Conference – to be held under title “Empowering the Future of Football” – is scheduled to be held on Dec.28-29 at the Mina Al Salam Hotel in Jumeira.
Mohammed Al-Kamali, the member of the executive office of Dubai Sports Council and head of the conference’s organising committee, stated: “We are pleasant to announce the participation of the Portuguese and Real Madrid’s star Cristiano Ronaldo.
It is the second time for Ronaldo to join Dubai International Sports Conference in succession of his first participation in 2011 with the Italian star, Alessandro Del Piero, in a remarkable session, during which Ronaldo talked on his career as a skillful child who has then become one of the best world stars.
“Ronaldo’s participation in this event confirms the unique status of the conference, taking into account that the current edition is also to be addressed by Ribery and Xavi Hernandez”.
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo opened a personal museum in his childhood home of Madeira – which he said had additional space for the Ballon d’Or.
Former Manchester United star opens CR7 Museum in birthplace of Madeira, and has room for this year’s Ballon d’Or trophy
Real Madrid and Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo has realised his project of opening a museum in his honour in his birthplace of Madeira – complete with extra space allocated for this year’s Ballon d’Or.
Standing next to his 2008 trophy for Europe’s best player and 125 other individual and team awards dating back to his childhood, the 28-year-old said the CR7 Museum was a gift to his fans.
Opening of the CR7 Museum – Video:
“Of course it’s a special day, it’s the opening of my museum and I am proud,” said the Portugal forward, who has scored 33 goals this season so far.
“I have room for more trophies. I don’t really want to mention specific ones. All I want is to win more awards and if the Ballon d’Or comes, there is extra room here.”
Ronaldo added that he is still undecided about attending this year’s awards ceremony. “I am still talking about it with the club and I will see if I go,”he said.
The star also told the press that the museum was for his fans to get closer to his achievements.
About The ‘CR7 Museum’
The 400 square metre CR7 museum was inaugurated by the Real Madrid forward on Sunday and showcases 126 trophies won throughout his 11-year career as well as other paraphernalia such as footballs and photos.